SERVPRO Technicians Repair Water-Damaged Brooklyn Residential Buildings 24/7
A simple pipe leak can cause water damage to multiple units in multi-family residential buildings in Brooklyn. To receive the right compensation for your tenants' living spaces, the claims process is complicated and requires detailed documentation.
SERVPRO can restore your Brooklyn rental property to its preloss condition when you find water damage. We will work with your insurance company to mitigate the damage. Here are some tips to help you get through stressful times.
Commonly Asked Questions about Multi-Family Insurance Claims
- What should I do if my claim is denied? You can request a second inspection by either an independent agent or a new adjuster from your insurance company to assess the damage to your property.
- How quickly does compensation take? This depends on the insurer. You are more likely to receive payment quickly if you file your claim quickly.
- What can I do to prepare for filing a claim.
- Photograph and film your property before and after disasters.
- Keep written records about the damage, such as its size, time and how you responded.
- Talk to an adjuster or trusted agent about your policy.
SERVPRO's Structural Drying Process
It takes careful calculations to determine the best placement and use of air movers and humidifiers. The placement of dehumidifiers is determined by a number of factors. The following factors are used to calculate dehumidification needs:
- The area affected by the radiation.
- The area affected by water damage.
- Type of dehumidifier.
- Based on manufacturer guidelines, the pints-per day (PPD) rating is calculated.
SERVPRO Long Island City can provide businesses with disaster mitigation services that are faster than any other. To get started, call (718) 440-6994.