How Do I Navigate the Claims Filing Process for a Water-Damaged Multi-Family Property?
SERVPRO Technicians Restore Water-Damaged Queens Residential Complexes 24/7
When water damage strikes in multi-family residential complexes in Queens a simple pipe leak can lead to damage that affects multiple units. The claims filing process is complex and requires thorough documentation to receive appropriate compensation for your tenants’ living spaces.
If you find commercial water damage in your Queens rental property, SERVPRO is ready to restore the affected units to a preloss condition per Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) best practices for water cleanup. Though we cooperate with you and your insurance company on mitigation services, we are not an insurance company. However, here are some helpful tips to get you through a stressful time.
Frequently Asked Questions About Multi-Family Insurance Claims
- What do I do if my claim gets denied? If you disagree with your insurer’s evaluation of the damage to your property, you can request a second inspection with either a new adjuster from the insurance company or an independent agent.
- How long does it take to receive compensation? The speed at which payment is dispensed depends on the insurer. The more quickly you file a claim, the more likely you are to get paid quickly.
- How can I prepare for filing a claim?
- Take pictures and videos of your property both before and after a disaster occurs.
- Keep written records of information related to the damage such as size, when it occurred, and how you responded to the damage.
- Review your policy with a trusted insurance agent or adjuster.
SERVPRO’s Structural Drying Process
The careful calculation goes into the placement and utilization of air movers and dehumidifiers. Dehumidifier placement is calculated based on a variety of factors. Factors that go into calculating dehumidification requirements include:
- The total size of the affected space.
- The approximate size of the water damage in that area.
- The type of dehumidifier used.
- The pints-per-day (PPD) rating based on manufacturer guidelines.
SERVPRO of Long Island City is a phone call away from providing businesses with mitigation service that is Faster to Any Size Disaster. Call (718) 440-6994 to get started.
Click here for more information about Queens.