If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (718) 440-6994

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Proven Tips to Combat Fire Damage in Queens

2/29/2020 (Permalink)

plugs in outlet catch fire Some electrical fires can be prevented. Contact SERVPRO after facing fire damage or to learn some methods to prevent fires.

Eliminating Electrical Fire Damage from a Queens Condo

Home electrical fires are the root of over 50,000 fires per year and well over $1 billion in damages to property. Whether a space heater catches fire or an overburdened outlet gives way to flames, this type of fire is challenging to mitigate with consumer-grade products alone. 

If your Queens condo needs fire damage mitigation on a moment's notice, SERVPRO technicians are available to come to your home within hours of your call to remove damage and restore your residence to a preloss condition. These IICRC-certified professionals are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year, to remove damage quickly. The goal is to minimize losses while maximizing the potential for restoration so that you can save time, money, and stress.

Minimizing Electrical Fire Risks

  • Use a surge protector. One of the leading causes of electrical fires is the use of overburdened outlets. You can prevent this with surge protectors, which should not be confused with power strips. You can also install additional outlets in your home. 
  • Never leave electronics unattended. While there is little need to monitor your computer or television constantly, fire risks like space heaters should not be used without supervision. 
  • Mind the areas around outlets and cords. Keep flammable materials, such as fabrics, away from electronics that are in use.
  • Remove risky devices. If you have an appliance that sparks every time you plug it into an outlet or that trips your breakers when it runs, throw it out.

SERVPRO Cleans From Top to Bottom

When fire damage happens in your home, SERVPRO technicians use a specific process to address it. Technicians work from ceiling to floor to remove mild deposits before moving on to heavier stains and residues. 

Dry-cleaning methods, including dry cleaning sponges and vacuuming loose soot deposits, are implemented before stronger alkaline cleaners or blast media. If an appliance such as a space heater has charred nearby wood furniture or flooring, the area can be blasted with soda ash to eliminate blackened areas while mitigating some of the odor from the fire.

SERVPRO of Long Island City serves the community by being Faster to Any Size Disaster. No matter when disaster strikes, you can call (718) 440-6994.

Click here for more information about Queens.

Other News

View Recent Posts

" "